Saturday, June 16, 2007

Anand Jon

Person to watch in 2007
The paid groupies idea

Living and toiling away in our little cubbyholes we tend to lose touch with what is truly important in this world -- fashion design. That in any case is my excuse for not having heard of Anand Jon till last week when I came across a news report of rape charges against this Indian born designer, involving at last count, 18 women.

Also, I am pretty sure all you confirmed geeks haven't been watching this man at all in 2007 despite Newsweek's fiat. Shame on you.

So it turns out his NYC studio was a creative hotbed in more ways than one, complete with casting couch, teenage models and sleazy artist. But one excellent idea he had, and one I am going to incorporate into my lifestyle soon, is to pay groupies to generally hang around him all the time and create a kind of... buzz, I think is the right showbiz term. Buzz is the thing. Buzz can take you places.

And the man has indeed come far. His only mistake was that he never delivered on the solemn promises he made on the casting couch. But then, could you expect anything better from a man named Anand Jon ?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

I was completely unaware of this, I'm so woefully uninformed. What are the odds he'll be reincarnated as a "godman"?

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Crp said...

Pretty solid odds I should think. Unless, of course, pretty boy is sentenced to nirvana in prison.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger yangry star said...

Its called a posse, and I'm already so working on it.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Crp said...

asdfsd: Spoken like a pro! I would expect nothing less from someone who graduated from Hugh Hefner's Alma Mater. Time to put away your Mozart scores and Stravinsky records.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home