Friday, November 24, 2006

The Real Kramer

Old Larry David Interview

Surfing the internet on the Michael Richards affair (which seems to be getting more sordid by the day) I came across the the above interview on the website of the "real" Kramer. Pretty funny.

One a related note, I've been re-listening to some Richard Pryor CDs of late (That N****r's Crazy is an old favourite) and I'm struck by the enormous gulf between between his stuff and the faux comedy peddled by the insult comics. Pryor's one of the few guys I've heard with a real talent for the edgy stuff. I haven't found a lot of it on youtube but there's a clip on pets that had me in splits.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger yangry star said...

Mitch Hedburg and then Richard Pryor. You're as much into comedy as into heroin/cocaine overdose!

Hedburg more fun than Pryor for me, because of the association factor. Plus, I'm feeling light headed lately.

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Crp said...

Yeah, I prefer Hedberg too mainly because he is such a lyrical performer. Also his absurdism scratches me right where I itch...

Pryor's a different kind of comedian -- more physical, with a great gift for mimicry. But one thing's for sure: both guys are funny as hell with or without drugs

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Crp said...

And while we're on standup comics have you folks seen Pablo Francisco ? This routine reminded me of some misadventures many moons ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home