Sunday, September 17, 2006

Soccer and Shish Kabobs

From Wikiquote

I first heard of Mitch Hedberg from the glowing obits that appeared all over the web in 2005. Since then I have seen and/or heard about 5 hours of his stuff and I must say he's the funniest stand-up I've come across. I might regret admitting this in cold print but right now, after listening to his CD Strategic Grill Locations, I have about the same reverence for him as I do for Coltrane and Rollins.

Wikiquote has a huge collection of one liners by him(check it out soon because the page will probably not remain up for long). They're great but they really don't do him justice -- they work best with that junkie voice floating on top of a walking bass. Here are some of my favourite lines:

I think Pringles' initial intention was to make tennis balls. But on the day that the rubber was supposed to show up, a big truckload of potatoes arrived. But Pringles is a laid-back company. They said, "F*** it. Cut 'em up!"

I get the Reese's candy bar. If you read that name "Reese's", that's an apostrophe S. Reese's apostrophe S at the end of that name. That means the candy bar is his. I didn't know that. Next time you're eating a Reese's candy bar and a guy name Reese comes by and says, "Let me have that," you better hand it over. "I'm sorry, Reese. I didn't think I'd ever run into you. You're a f***ing bully, man. Let me at least have a Piece."

3 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger yangry star said...

What a find! Unique stuff. Clean Seinfeld-like sensibility and so close to earth. Check him out on youtube.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger yangry star said...

My favourite:

"Some people say "I don't care if people are white, black, purple or green". Ah hold on now... purple or green? You gotta draw the line somwhere. To hell with purple people! Unless they're suffocatin'... then, help 'em!"

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Crp said...

Yeah, the guy is different - a pleasant change from the frat-boy comics. I've uploaded the CD intro (3.5 MB) on rapidshare. Check it out at:
http://rapidshare.de/files/34283302/mh1.mp3.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home